The inaugural Global Sport Tourism thAwards will be a highlight of the Global Sport Tourism Summit taking place at WTM London on Monday 7th November.
The first Sport Tourism Awards of their kind aim to recognise and reward innovation and achievement in sport tourism from across the world.
Events, destinations and venues which have made outstanding contributions to the sport tourism industry will be acknowledged in front of a global audience of sport tourism influencers and practitioners.
Nominations open September 2016 – The awards categories are as follows;
1. WTM Global – Overall Sport Tourism Impact Award
2. WTM Global Sport Tourism City 2017
3. WTM Global Sport Tourism Town 2017
4. WTM Global Sport Tourism Innovation Award
5. WTM Global Sport Tourism Destination Marketing Award
6. WTM Global Sport Tourism Digital Marketing Award
7. WTM Global Sport Tourism Event Sponsorship of the Year Award
8. WTM Global Sport Tourism Event of the Year Award – Major Events
9. WTM Global Sport Tourism Event of the Year Award – Mass Participation Events
Sportcal and the Global Sports Index will also present two seperate awards at the Summit. The two awards will be presented to the top ranked City and Nations in their annual Global Sports Index rankings. The winners and the final index placings will be revealed on the day by Sportcal.
Closing date for Global Sport Tourism Awards Entry is Friday October 21th 2016
Please join us on Monday, 7nd November at WTM London to celebrate our 2016 Global Sport Tourism Award winners.